Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Holidays?!?



I know, I know.  Don't mention the holidays coming...we're barely getting back to school!  However, it has come to my attention that our dear new baby is going to be coming right in-between my two favorite holidays!  The ones that involve the most prep and family time!  Yikes! 

At first, I thought I'd just say, "Oh well, no celebrations this year!"  but then I looked at the adorable faces of my other children and realized that I had to make something happen.  In my brainstorming, I remembered a plan I'd read about years ago but never stuck to (well, at least not concretely) because my memory worked just fine and I had the stamina and time to do all I wanted right around the holiday. 

Well, given that "placenta brain" has kicked in (more blueberries needed, perhaps?), and I don't think I'll be getting much sleep towards the end of October or most of November (or December, now that I think about it...sigh), I'm going to attempt to follow along with some uber-organized folk over at the Houseworks Holiday Plan.  (It covers Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, though you could substitute in your December holiday of choice there). You can join me, or you can just follow the blog here, cheer on my victories, laugh at my failed attempts, and cry with me when I get really tired.  I think it will be fun. 

Each week focuses on cleaning/de-cluttering one room in the house AND one holiday task (ie.: making cookie dough and freezing it in pre-measured balls, putting together holiday cards, preparing freezer meals, finding and wrapping stocking stuffers PRIOR to December, etc).  I will probably increase the number of freezer meals on the list (they recommend them for busy December days, I'll use them due to baby snuggling!).

The big START DATE for such a feat is August 28th, and you can follow others via facebook as well (I think I will, for encouragement).  I'm excited...I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment