Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day Three: Whew!

Well, I got 19 jars of jelly made, and I still have currant juice in the fridge to be made into more.  The apricots still call my name.  However, working on this "plan" has caused me to neglect other duties (mainly because I'm a tired pregnant woman and so if I do all the tasks on the main list, I tend to put off other things--like laundry).  Luckily, with the canning, the kitchen/dishes are all caught up because you can't can in a dirty kitchen.  SO, it looks great, and will look even better when the canning supplies are not all over the table.  And I did mow the lawn today.

Due to my neglect, tomorrow morning is going to be a "zoom through the house and tidy up/vacuum each room just so everything goes at least back to normal before it gets worse" day.  I don't think that following a plan to organize your home does much good if you let the rest of it go by the wayside while working on the task at hand. 

I also realized that I'd been letting meal planning slide (again), but this time worse!  I wasn't just putting it off til we got our produce baskets on Wednesday (not a bad plan, really), but I was flying by the seat of my pants, and things have started to go to waste.  EEEWWW!  What was I thinking?!?!  Obviously, I wasn't.  So, Monday, I'll be posting another meal plan--even though it's a holiday.  Muahahaha.  I'm even exploring a few batch cooking sites (because that's part of holiday planning, too, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment