Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jam Session

I turned this...

and this... (Stephen says it's almost as beautiful as me. Glad to know I come in a close second to fruit.)...

into 28 pints of this...and this.


Here's my recipe:
3 1/2 C any fruit or juice
1/4 C lemon juice (or 1 tsp citric acid dissolved in 8 Tbsp water)
a short 1/2 C of clear jel
3 1/2 C sugar or to taste, if I'm using a very sweet berry, I don't need quite this much.

Bring fruit (or juice) to a boil. In a separate container, mix together clear jel and sugar (this will prohibit the clumping of the clear jel, which would be nasty). Slowly ( 1/2 C at a time) stir the clear jel/sugar mix into the fruit. Bring to a boil to pour into hot glass canning jars. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Once you take the jars out of the hot water, let them sit for 24 hours without being disturbed so they will seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment