Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Christmas!


This is currently our front room, all decked out for the holidays. This year, there are no ornaments on the tree that will shatter or break (or break my heart if touched, for that matter). Last year, our tree was knocked over three times by well meaning children, and the ornaments had been glass. For some reason, it just didn't cross my mind that tree+allowing tricycles in the house during our cold winter=crash! But, I have become wiser, and I don't think our decor has suffered at all. In fact, I think it is beautiful, and I love the peace of mind I have from the knowledge that no one is going to get hurt. Even the fireplace isn't actually hot...it's a cold one with a heating vent by it. Therefore, it sets the mood, and I'm not constantly telling my toddler not to touch it. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment