Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Is Providing For Oneself Innate?





Yesterday, I posted about our walk in the park bringing some knowledge back to mind that I'd since long forgotten.  That post started my brain on another long thought-process while I did other things that day.  I thought of the things my children were saying:

Here's a glass bottle!  We could turn it into a lantern!
I wish we had coconuts, they have water and food.
Let's gather moss for softer pillows.
If we make bedframes with sticks, we can fill them with these long pine needles, that'd be comfy.
Our shelter is good enough, we need to go find food.

I tried not to interfere much as I took their photos.  I did begin to wonder, is this something we LEARN or is this desire to be a provider, a comforter, a survivor something we are born with?  Are we training it away?

I don't have the answer to that, but I am continuing to think about it.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment