Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wednesday--Hmmm, is this Day Three? Or Four?

It's Wednesday night...so, how did the Holiday Plan go?  Well, here I vacuumed the LR, mopped the K floor, and folded about 5 loads of laundry (and I put them away!  Huzzah!).   We also went to the town 15 minutes away to pick up our weekly basket of produce (this guy is great!  He only plants things that you can seed save from, heirloom varieties, and allows us to have canning quantities if we want them--all for $15/week!)  I read books with my toddler, made muffins, and researched batch cooking. I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet...my standbys, like making meatloaf & meatballs ahead of time (but not cooking them) are OK, but Stephen and I both notice if meat has been cooked then frozen.  It tastes different, and not in a good way.  But we have picky taste buds.  I can see chopping the veggies and having them ready, but how is that different than buying frozen bags of vegetables?  I mean, other than these came from our garden... It's not that much faster than what I do now.  And I like my baked goods fresh.  I tried the whole making 6 loaves of bread at once, freezing 5 and thawing at leisure thing...I wanted hot bread.  Picky, picky.  I know.  But, I mean, isn't the point of having someone at home supposed to be quality of life?  If quality of life decreases due to busy-ness at certain times of day, and there isn't a good fix for it, something's gotta go!  It might be better when there are two parents here again, as my husband usually works from home and can do half the work at 5/6 PM that I've been doing alone (cooking, homework, toddler care, etc).

I'm going to have to brainstorm, because I need the extra time at the end of the day with the kids...I have free time during the day, but dinner time is rushed, and I don't like that.  I'm tempted to homeschool again for that reason alone!!!  However, as my dear friend told me to do today...I will give it time, in case it's just adjustment anxt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment